Officially, Yahoo had closed the feature we can able to create or change nickname (that usually appears when we are in chat room or IM). Right now, only screen name (email nickname) is available for your ID including all secondary ID aka Alias Nickname also use the same screen name. But, if you had a nickname that been edited or created a long time ago (before the policy to united all nickname into one screen name) you still able to use it!
But, some user of Yahoo reported that by using some tricks you can still able to change nickname in Yahoo Messenger. There two main ways to change nickname of YM:
- Use and Create @kimo ID and then you can still change nickname even though only main ID that still available
- Second, you can change you language setting to Taiwan language then you can change nickname in Yahoo Messenger.
Some user said that they got a problem to change back their language setting from Taiwan to English, for solution about this trouble you can just click this link to change back the language to English:
- How To Make Blank Nickname on Yahoo Chat Room
- Create Tattoo Nickname on Yahoo!Messenger
- How to Change Yahoo Password?
- How to Create Yahoo ID?
- Why My Yahoo Messenger Keep Sending Spam Message to My Contacts Friend?
- How to Change Languages on Windows Live Essentials 2011
- Why Chat Room in Yahoo Messenger full of Automatic Bots?
- How do I join / Enter Chat Room in Yahoo Messenger?